We were delighted this week to receive the support of the Fire Brigades Union for our Safe Cladding and Insulation Now campaign! Matt Wrack, the General Secretary of the union, has signed our open letter to the Secretary of State outlining that people are still not safe in their homes one year after Grenfell. You can read the latest statement by the FBU on government action (or inaction) post Grenfell here. They will be taking part in the Day of Action on 17 October.
The FBU join a growing list of other unions and union branches in support of our campaign including:
- Bakers and Allied Food Workers Union BFAWU
- National Education Union NEU
- Public and Commercial Services Union PCS
- UNISON Greater Manchester Mental Health Branch (affiliated)
- UNISON Salford City (signed Open Letter, and supporting Salford residents contingent to come to London for the Day of Action)
- Adam Lambert, Regional Officer, Unite the Union (signed Open Letter)
- Rob Miguel, National Health and Safety Advisor, Unite the Union (signed Open Letter)
- Unite Bermondsey Construction Branch (signed Open Letter),
- Unite Housing Workers Branch (signed Open Letter and affiliated)
- Unite Branch 0742M (Runcorn) (signed Open Letter)
- Unite Retired Members Swansea Area Branch (signed Open Letter)
- Unite North East, Yorkshire and Humberside
- Unite Unite NE/408/26
The support of these unions is invaluable in the continuation of our campaign. You can sign our open letter here and affiliate to the Safe Cladding and Insulation Now campaign here as a trade union or here as an individual.